|It did make a lovely backdrop for the coyote skull|
while it was still alive though ...
The poinsettia not the coyote.
And as she sits in front of the computer debating whether it's too early to have yet another of her new favourite holiday drink (Eggnog Paralyzer), she also contemplated whether to make any New Year's Resolutions. Should she get on the bandwagon and join Bat Fit 2015, as she has so often thought of doing in the past? And decided, although her goals are quite different from most of the participants, that yes - there is always room for improvement in one's life. In no particular order, here are the insomniac's Bat Fit 2015 goals:
- Be a better blogger. No actual commitment (in writing anyway) on how many times a month she'll post, but definitely more frequently than 2014's pathetic record of seven times during the entire year.
- Finish Nightwind's coat, promised to him last winter. Which still isn't done. And is weighing rather heavily on the insomniac's mind, so should probably be moved up to Number One.
- Take the camera off the Automatic setting and actually learn how to use it properly.
- Start baking bread again.
- Learn how to knit cables.
- Spend more time in the Four Seasons Sunroom, drinking coffee and watching wildlife.
You'll notice there are no resolutions of weight loss or exercise plans, because at the end of 2015, the insomniac would like to be able to truthfully say she met all of her goals. But more importantly, because in 2015 she will turn sixty and has decided this will be the year she will cease to worry about how she looks and what people think of her, and will concentrate instead on remaining as content as she feels right this very minute. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the Eggnog Paralyzers. Well, maybe just a little ...
To her faithful readers who are still here after yet another year of reading her drivel, a wonderful 2015 to you all. Blessed be.
|See Goal Number 3 ...|
Until next time, the insomniac wishes you nights of blissful sleep filled with pleasant dreams. Goodnight, my pretties.